A few good names. That’s what El Paso Independent School District is hoping to find after opening up an application for school name nominations next week.
The campus name nominations are being taken for four EPISD schools that will be consolidated as part of the 2016 Bond modernization program.
Name suggestions are being accepted for the following campuses:
- Hughey/Ross PreK-8 Campus
- Henderson/Clardy PreK-8 Campus
- Dowell/Schuster/Crosby Elementary Campus
- Lincoln/Bond/Roberts PreK-8 Campus
Each of the campuses will form a school-name committee to review nominations and rank suggestions using EPISD Policy CW (LOCAL). The final decision on the campus name changes will be made by EPISD Board of Trustees using names proposed by each campus’ school-name committees.
Applicants should consider the following guidelines when submitting name suggestions:
- A school may be named after an individual that has made exceptional contributions to public education, preferably to the District or society.
- The individual must represent exemplary human qualities or serve as a model of excellence for the students who will attend the school.
- The individual shall not be an employee of the district at the time of consideration or selection of the name.
- Diversity shall be given consideration in selecting a school name.
- Names of geographic areas, landmarks or academic-educational functions also may be considered.