EL PASO, Texas (KTSM) — The COVID-19 crisis worsened overnight as the number of active cases reached 8,061 active cases and a record high 449 hospitalizations.
El Paso health officials reported 684 new cases and three deaths overnight. The three deaths were all men in their 70s with underlying health conditions. The total number of cases is now 32,758, and the number of deaths reached 557.
Most concerning perhaps is the number of individuals hospitalized with the virus. There are now a record of 449 people in local hospitals and a record 129 people in ICU. Of those, 45 are on ventilators.
According to data from the Texas Department of Health and Human Services, there are only seven ICU beds left in the El Paso region.
- Florida man received $1.9 million in coronavirus relief funds, used money to buy Mercedes, prosecutors say
- Newsfeed Now: Presidential campaigns’ final week
- NASA to announce new discovery about the moon
- Senate to confirm Amy Coney Barrett’s Supreme Court nomination
- Halloween goes on at the White House with a few twists