EL PASO, Texas (KTSM) – The ribbon cutting will be held on Wednesday, Oct. 19 at 10 a.m. at the Union Pacific Industrial Careers Academy located at the DACC Sunland Park Center.
The new academy is to help Sunland Park and Santa Teresa residents further develop their skills and training for local employers. The academy is said to provide training in logistics, warehousing, transportation, manufacturing, and more.
The following courses will be offered through the academy:
- Certified Logistics Technician
- CDL Training
- Certified Technician Supply Chain Automation
- Certified Production Technician 4.0
- Digital Foundations/IC3 Certification
- Welding Fast-Track Certificate
- OSHA 10 training
- OSHA Forklift training
The courses include classroom activities, job-shadowing, company tours, and internship opportunities.
The Academy was made possible through a $350,000 grant by Union Pacific. This grant money also includes funding for student scholarships.
- Exclusive 9 day forecast: Cold front arrives Saturday
- Canutillo falls to Cooper International in opening day of McDonald’s Classic Basketball Tournament
- As the holidays near, real Christmas tree prices rise in El Paso
- Sun Bowl director: Selection process down to 4 teams ahead of Selection Sunday
- NM State responds to Peake’s call to Aggie locker room, status at university
- Report: Prosecutor quits amid capital murder trial against ex-border agent