El Paso’s annual Pride Week kicked off Wednesday at the El Paso Zoo and will continue through Sunday with events planned for families and youth along with nighttime entertainment for adults.
The annual event highlights the LGBT community in El Paso and their allies. This year, two American Idol standouts, Ada Vox and Jurnee, will be appearing during PrideFest.
All events are listed below:
Thursday, May 31
- OUT AT THE PARK
- 6:30 p.m. – Chihuahuas Stadium
- Great event for families, couples and singles to enjoy a night of baseball. The El Paso Chihuahuas have been proud partners with Sun City Pride for the last four years.
- Pride Night t-shirts available at the game for purchase.
- Cost: $17; Buy Tickets by clicking HERE. Promo code: SCP2018
Friday, June 1
- FRIDAY YOUTH DANCE
- 6 p.m. – 10 p.m. – Hyatt Place, 6030 Gateway East
- Specifically created to cater to the LGBT youth of El Paso, this is an opportunity for all those ages 13-20 in the LGBT community to have a night out. EPSCP has partnered with UTEP and EPCC QSA organizations and the Borderland Rainbow Center to host a Youth Dance.
- Free food, dancing, and karaoke. It is important to El Paso Sun City Pride that we create these opportunities so that all students can find the camaraderie and support they need here in El Paso. Come party with us and enjoy a chance to mix with others from across the city! (Chaperones will be present.)
- Cost: Free
- PRIDE SQUARE PUB CRAWL
- 9 p.m. – 1 a.m. – Pride Square
- Participants can play bingo at each stop with a chance to win bottle service from the participating bar. Each participant will also get free food at the last stop (EPIC).
- COST: $5 one-time bingo fee
- Schedule: 6 p.m. – Grey Dog, 7 p.m. – Speak Easy, 8 p.m. – Briar Patch, 9 p.m. Toolbox, 10 p.m. EPIC
- Entertainment: Trinity Taylor, RuPaul’s Drag Race finalist will be at final stop, EPIC.
Saturday, June 2
- PRIDE PARADE
- 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. ; Beginning in Houston Park
- The premiere event of Pride Week celebrates the LGBT community and the support of El Paso’s LGBT allies.
- Family friendly and highly recommended to all El Pasoans.
- Cost: FREE
- POST-PARADE PRIDE BRUNCH
- 11 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. – El Paso Convention Center Plaza
- Looking for somewhere to eat after the parade? The Convention Center’s Arts Festival Plaza will be hosting a Pride Brunch under the rainbow canopy.
- Menu: Chilaquiles, pancakes, scrambled eggs, fresh fruit salad, hash browns, crispy bacon & sausage links. Coffee, water and orange juice included.
- 21+ will receive complimentary mimosa (others available for purchase)
- COST: $25; Tickets HERE.
- 2 p.m. – 12 a.m. – Coffee Box Parking Lot; 401 N. Mesa
- Entertainment: Dev, Ada Vox, Jurnee, Luciana, Dusty Ray Bottoms, Farrah Moan, Jujubee, VELO, Scarlett Santana, La Magiztral Sonora, 202 and Tersa Mathews.
- VIP Experience: Food sponsored by L&J’s Cafe, which was recently crowned best Tex-Mex in the state! Drinks provided by Craze. Air conditioning and designated area near the stage.
- COST: VIP $100 (Almost Sold Out); General Admission $20. Tickets HERE.
Sunday, June 3
- Splash Party
- 10 a.m. – 9 p.m. – Wet N’ Wild Waterworld
- Family Friendly wind-down to a week’s worth of Pride events! Enjoy a day relaxing at Wet N’ Wild and dancing along with great DJ’s including DJ Irene.
- COST: $45 online (Tickets HERE), $50 at the gate