EL PASO, Tx (KTSM) – Officials with the El Paso Fire Department (EPFD) announced Saturday the arrest of a man in connection with a fire at a business in Northeast El Paso earlier in the week.
EPFD officials share that on May 10, a joint-agency investigation by the El Paso Fire Marshal’s Office and El Paso Police Department led to the arrest of 43-year-old Christopher Hynes.
Officials say that shortly after 8:00 a.m., EPFD units were sent to a fire outside of a business located along the 9400 Block of Dyer Street.
Hynes was turned over to the El Paso Fire Marshal’s Office Investigators, who arrested and booked him into the El Paso County Detention Center Facility under the following charges:
• Arson and Reckless Damage
• Criminal Mischief
• Resisting Arrest Search or Transport
• Assault Against a Public Servant
• Evading Arrest and Detention
• Possession of a Controlled Substance
• Failure to Identify
- Exclusive 9 day forecast: Windy Memorial Day weekend
- El Paso lawmakers question state’s gun laws
- “Every parent’s worst nightmare” – parents react after Uvalde shooting
- Onlookers urged police to charge into Texas school
- What we know about the Texas school shooting timeline
- Longtime UTEP Head Athletic Trainer Dawn Hearn Announces Retirement