EL PASO, Texas (KTSM) — The El Paso Department of Public Health announced Tuesday 1,292 new coronavirus cases and nine new virus-related deaths.
All nine patients had underlying health conditions. They include one man in his 50s, two women in their 50s, one woman in her 70s, two men in their 70s, two men in their 80s and one man in his 90s.
The total number of active cases in the Borderland now stands at 27,895.
A total of 65,651 positive cases have been reported in El Paso County, with 1,076 of those patients are hospitalized and 319 are in the ICU.
So far, 36,686 people in El Paso have been designated as having recovered from the virus.
As a reminder, El Paso County remains under a lock down per County Judge’s Ricardo Samaniego’s order. The order is to be lifted Wednesday at 11:59 p.m.
For a complete look at COVID-19 data in the borderland, click here.
- El Paso County moves some mobile morgues to new logistic site
- Austin topples El Paso High in 90th edition of ‘Battle of the Claw’
- Late run lifts UTEP over Incarnate Word, 67-63
- Local high school student creates ‘COVID Candies’ to raise funds for COVID response organizations
- Doña Ana County COVID-19 Update: 218 new cases, 4 new deaths