EL PASO, TX (KTSM) – One man has been arrested and charged with murder and aggravated assault with a deadly weapon stemming from a deadly shooting in South El Paso.
On Sunday, May 29 around 3 p.m., a domestic dispute turned into a shooting involving three people.
Police say 21-year-old Angel Hinojos confronted a man and woman outside of Jalisco Cafe at the corner of 7th and Hills Street.
During the confrontation, police say Hinojos opened fire on the pair, and both were struck by gunfire. 51-year-old Jesus Lopez died of his injuries at the hospital. The 66-year-old woman is in stable condition.
Police say the offender is related to the victims.
Hinojos was shortly detained and arrested after the shooting. He’s being held under two bonds, one of $500,000 for Murder and another for $250,000 for Aggravated Assault with a deadly weapon.
Hinojos remains in the El Paso County Detention Facility.
- WATCH: Lightning hits boat off Florida, Coast Guard rescues 7
- Most in new poll say overturning Roe is ‘step backward’
- Commissioners court to make decision on women’s commission Monday
- Officer-involved wreck sends 2 to hospital
- 2 men stabbed at West El Paso house party
- EPPD asking for public’s help in Central El Paso murder investigation