EL PASO, Texas (KTSM) – El Paso Police Department (EPPD) officials announced Thursday afternoon the arrest of two men involved in a stabbing that injured three people last weekend in West El Paso.
Police say 35-year-old Cosme Gonzalez, Jr. and 34-year-old Enrique Soto attacked three patrons at a bar along the 730 block of Sunland Park Drive.
Once officers arrived at the address, they found three victims – a 26-year-old man, a 23-year-old man, and a 30-year-old woman – all with stab wounds or cuts to their bodies.
Police say that Gonzalez left the scene, but was captured a short distance away; Soto was identified as the second suspect, with the Lone Star Task Force arresting Soto on Thursday, 5th, 2022.
Both Gonzalez and Soto were arrested and booked into the El Paso Paso County Detention Facility. Gonzalez’s bond was set for $750,000, Soto’s bond topped out at $20,000.
The pair were charged with:
Charge 1: Aggravated Assault w/ a Deadly Weapon
Charge 2: Aggravated Assault w/ a Deadly Weapon
Aggravated Assault w/ a Deadly Weapon, $20,000 bond issue
RELATED STORY: EPPD: Westside stabbing sends one to hospital
- ‘Lake Mead Corpse Water’ now for sale in Las Vegas
- How abortion clinics are preparing for Roe v. Wade to fall
- Ballot fiasco delays results in vote-by-mail pioneer Oregon
- Melendez goes yard again, now 1 home run from tying Texas single-season record
- Chapin’s Antwonne Holmes to walk on at UTEP; Americas’ Brooks, Hernandez participate in TABC All-Star Game
- Americas softball 1 win from Elite 8; Del Valle baseball on brink of elimination