EL PASO, Texas (KTSM) – UPDATE (10:10p.m.): Police have identified the man who died from electrical shock on Thursday night.
Roy Charles Stolz, 50, was a resident at the Hallmark Apartments, 1620 Mescalero, and was swimming with guests at the complex pool when they were shocked by the pool light turning on.
Everyone in the pool was assisted “but only Stoltz appeared to have undergone distress and he became unresponsive,” police said in a news release.
CPR was performed and Stoltz was taken by Fire Medical Services to a nearby hospital where he died.
When KTSM returned to the complex on Friday, neighbors said the pool remained filled with water and surrounded by red caution tape.
According to residents at the Hallmark Apartment Complex, there was maintenance on the pool recently.
“They were just re-painting it. They told us they were re-tiling and putting new lights. We came in from our office and saw red tape,” resident of the complex, Danah Gonzalez said.
Gonzalez has lived in the complex for five month. She says the apartment’s management does a good job maintaining the building.
ORIGINAL: The person who was severely injured from an electrical shock in a swimming pool on Thursday night has died, police said.
According to police, it happened before 9:30 p.m. at 1620 Mescalero near Bassett Place.
The person was taken to the hospital where they were pronounced dead.
Officials did not release any further details surrounding the incident.
KTSM will update this story as more information becomes available.