Update: On Friday, June 10th, the Special Traffic Investigations Unit was notified by the
Medical Examiner’s Office that Miguel Angel Ortiz had succumbed to his injuries.
This is the 31st traffic fatality of the year compared to 30 at the same time last year.
EL PASO, Texas (KTSM) – A Fabens man is in critical condition after a high speed crash on I-10 early Monday morning.
According to officials with the El Paso Police Department (EPPD), 26-year-old Miguel Angel Ortiz was behind the wheel of a 2018 Nissan Rogue, headed eastbound on the shoulder of I-10 near Eastlake in Far-East El Paso.
As Ortiz approached the area around the Eastlake exit that is under construction, he collided with a construction barrel and barrier.
EPPD’s Special Traffic Investigation (STI) Unit says that speed was a contributing factor in the wreck.
Ortiz was transported to a local hospital in critical condition.
STI continues their investigation into the wreck.
- Comey, McCabe faced rare, intensive tax audits by IRS under Trump appointee: report
- Secret Service denial of Hutchinson story fuels attacks from both sides
- House Republicans weigh national abortion restrictions
- Graham’s relationship with Trump comes back to bite him
- Brittney Griner back in Russian court as trial resumes
- Elon Musk had eight and ninth children with top executive last year: report