EL PASO, TX (KTSM) – A 28-year-old man was killed in a crash Saturday morning, according to EPPD. Doniphan Drive east & westbound was closed off for several hours Saturday morning due to the crash.
Special Traffic Investigator (STI) say that the 28-year-old motorcyclist was traveling westbound on Doniphan and approaching Sunland Park. At that time, the driver of a Ford F-150 turned onto Doniphan from Sunland Park in front of the motorcyclist.
It happened around 8:30 Saturday morning when the EPPD Westside Command responded to what they deem a serious crash involving a motorcycle and another vehicle.
The motorcyclist clipped the front of the truck causing the motorcyclist to hit a 2018 Lexus waiting on a red light. That impact caused the motorcyclist to be ejected and hit a 2019 Volkswagen, that was behind the Lexus. The motorcyclist was taken to a local hospital but did not survive his injuries.
At this time, the investigation continues, and no charges or citations have been issued. The motorcyclist was wearing a helmet. This crash is the 32nd fatality of the year as compared to 30 at this time last year.
- Texas teen arrested for planning mass shooting at Amazon Delivery Station, police say
- Jet truck driver killed in Michigan air show accident
- Plain White T’s performing in Las Cruces 4th of July
- Man arrested for alleged stalking, threatening Taylor Swift: reports
- Most Wanted: Week of July 1
- Texas HHSC providing $301M for July SNAP benefits