EL PASO, Texas (KTSM) – El Paso Zoo and Botanical Gardens invite the community to explore the world of bugs during Bug Fest.
This year’s Bug Fest is set for 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday, May 21, and Sunday, May 22.
Organizers say Bug Fest offers fun and interactive programs for all ages such as close-up bug encounters and bug tastings. The event features live bugs from North and South America, Africa, and Asia. There will also be a Great Bug Cook-Off: Battle of the Bugs!
Guests can enjoy samples of rice crispy treats with chocolate ganache garnished with black ants, kettle potato chips with grasshoppers, lime, and hot sauce, cotton candy with crickets in the middle, and iced coffee rimmed with chocolate coffee crickets.
Live bug displays will get you eye-to-eye with bugs, such as the tailless whip scorpion species in the “Harry Potter” series, or many-legged creatures you can see closer to home, like the Sonoran Desert millipede.
To find out more about Bug Fest, visit the El Paso Zoo on social media (Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter) or at www.elpasozoo.org.
- Man arrested for alleged stalking, threatening Taylor Swift: reports
- Most Wanted: Week of July 1
- Texas HHSC providing $301M for July SNAP benefits
- What’s in Disney’s $5,000 Star Wars cocktail?
- City of El Paso testing & vaccine sites open again on Tuesday
- Airport expects busy summer to get even busier on Monday