EL PASO, Texas (KTSM) – UPDATE: We now know the names of the individuals involved in an alleged auto theft ending in two arrests after the suspects crashed the vehicle and fled on foot.
Those suspects have been identified as Luis Eddie Riley and Jose Salas both 32-years-old.
El Paso Police say the 32-year-olds stole a vehicle in Horizon City after the vehicle had been left running unattended by the owner.
Soon after officers spotted the vehicle and began to approach it. That’s when the car took off and collided into an unmarked police vehicle.
The two men abandoned the vehicle and fled on foot but were caught following a short foot pursuit.
El Paso Police Department officers with the auto theft unit pursued the suspects from the 9300 block of Viscount into De Gauille Place and Seminole Drive in East El Paso County.
El Paso Police say Riley was charged with unauthorized use of a motor vehicle while Salas is being charged with evading arrest.
The driver is charged with unauthorized use of vehicle and other charges. The passenger is charged with evading.
Both have been booked into the El Paso County Detention Facility.
Police say no officers were injured in the incident.
- ‘The federal government has failed to address this problem,’ bipartisan delegation tours the U.S.-Mexico border
- Las Cruces Public Schools names search committee for new superintendent
- El Paso Museum of Art to host rare abstract art
- Will Smith ‘Emancipation’ film exits Georgia over voting laws
- ‘Lost Golden City’ discovered in Egypt