“Coming 2 America,” the sequel to the 1988 Eddie Murphy comedy, has landed on a date to come to audiences. The film which reunites Murphy and Arsenio Hall will debut on Amazon Prime Video on March 5, 2021, Amazon Studios said Friday.
Originally a Paramount Pictures theatrical release, the studio sold the film to the streamer last month but had yet to finalize a date.
“Coming to America was a cultural phenomenon that is one of the most loved and celebrated comedies of all time,” said Jennifer Salke, head of Amazon Studios, in a statement. “We know audiences around the world will fall in love with this hilarious, joyful movie that will surely become a timeless favorite.”
James Earl Jones, Shari Headley and John Amos will also be reprising their roles alongside new additions like Wesley Snipes, Leslie Jones, Tracy Morgan and KiKi Layne.
- With most turkey trots canceled, here’s a free Thanksgiving morning workout
- La estrella del Futbol Diego Armando Maradona muere tras sufrir un ataque cardiaco en Argentina a la edad de 60 años
- LIVE: Giuliani joins Pennsylvania GOP meeting on alleged election issues
- Watch Live: President-elect Biden to deliver Thanksgiving address
- Oscar Leeser’s mother died of COVID-19