For the 11th year, Chalk the Block returns to Downtown El Paso this weekend.
If you are planning on going (or even just thinking about it, but not quite sure yet), here is what you need to know about the annual festival.
It is free to attend. However, you need currency to buy food, drinks and other goods.
- Friday, October 12, from 6 p.m. – 10 p.m.
- Weather note: Due to rain, chalk artists will start on Saturday.
- Saturday, October 13, from 10 a.m.- 10 p.m.
- Sunday, October 14, from 11 a.m.-3 p.m.
Aside from checking out the work of more than 200 artists, there is a variety of things to do, including:
- The GECU Kids Zone
- Live music
- Community chalk area
- Open museums
- Performance art
There will be two Food Truck Gardens that will be open throughout the festival.
- One will be located in front of Cleveland Park.
- The second will be at the El Paso Convention Center pavilion.
- 11 a.m. – Jason Criag (DJ)
- 12:30 p.m. – Sleepsent
- 2 p.m. – Tribes
- 3:30 p.m. – Villains Kiss
- 5 p.m. – Flamel
- 6 p.m. – A. Billi Free
- 8 p.m. – Tijuana Panthers
For complete information visit: chalktheblock.com.