EL PASO, Texas (KTSM) — A 19-year-old man was arrested early Saturday morning for driving more than 100 mph on I-10, and suspected of being drunk.
According to the El Paso Police Department, Stephan Isaac Gonzalez was charged with DWI and booked into the El Paso County Detention Facility under a $1,500 bond.
At about 5:10 a.m. on Saturday, a DWI Task Force officer stopped Gonzalez because he was traveling on I-10 at speeds over 100 miles per hour.
Gonzalez told the officer that he was speeding to go pick up his two-year-old daughter.
- Report: 87th Tony the Tiger Sun Bowl canceled in 2020
- Justices hear arguments on undocumented immigrants’ status for 2020 Census
- Mutt Mondays: National Mutt Day
- Mexican healthcare workers threaten to go on strike over unpaid hazard, holiday pay
- Second stimulus checks: New bipartisan effort to pass COVID relief