El PASO, Texas (KTSM) — Detectives with the El Paso Police Department’s Animal Cruelty Investigations Unit on Tuesday arrested a 32-year-old man suspected of beating a puppy.
Robert Ryan Washington was charged with cruelty to non-livestock animals after an anonymous tip of animal cruelty was received by Animal Services.
An investigation found that Washington had continuously beat his 6-month-old Doberman pinscher puppy, “Rocky.” A veterinarian examination indicated “Rocky” had multiple injuries, including healing rib fractures.
Washington was booked into the El Paso County Detention Facility for animal cruelty and 14 outstanding traffic warrants. He was held on a $2,500 bond.
- Newsfeed Now: US COVID-19 cases top 14M; Justin Timberlake helps family in need
- Obama, Bush, Clinton volunteer to receive coronavirus vaccine on camera
- Andrea’s Thursday forecast on 9
- Weather on the go; Our coolest day just yet dropping us to below freezing temperatures Thursday morning
- Stimulus checks? Here’s a breakdown of what’s in the $908 billion bipartisan economic plan