EL PASO, Texas (KTSM) – On Sunday, May 15th, officers from the Pebble Hills Regional Command responded to 1515 Lee Trevino for a fight in progress with weapons involved.
Officers arrived at the La Unica Bar to find people fighting, while other people were yelling that someone had a gun. As people were exiting the bar, an officer was assaulted by a man later identified as Torry Lashawn Reid.
Reid was handcuffed, and while being searched, officers found a handgun in his pocket.
Reid was booked into the El Paso County Detention Facility for:
- Charge 1: Assault on Peace Officer, $3,500 bond
- Charge 2: Unlawful Carrying of Weapons on Alcohol Premises, $5,000
- Families excited to celebrate Fourth of July once again
- Officers shot during Philadelphia July 4 fireworks show
- Chihuahuas open up series against Space Cowboys with 11-7 win
- Austin’s Jayden Wilson commits to University of New Mexico
- Lower Valley shooting sends person to the hospital with life-threatening injuries
- No ‘option of fleeing’: Witness describes parade shooting