EL PASO, Texas (KTSM) — As local organizations begin to cancel or postpone events and conferences, KTSM will work to keep a comprehensive list in order to keep the community updated on any changes.
A city ordinance passed unanimously on Tuesday calls for the following for 30 days, unless another council action:
- Closure of bars, lounges, taverns and private clubs.
- All City boards and commission meetings are suspended unless required by state law.
- Stores are banned from price gouging.
- No utility disconnections during the time period.
- No evictions during the time period.
- No more than 50 people at public or private gatherings, with exceptions for offices, stores, hospitals and places of transit.
- Restrictions on restaurants including the number of people at a time and space between tables, disinfecting every hour, no more than parties of 6 at a table and screening of employees and food-handlers.
- Urging businesses of giving two weeks of paid sick leave.
The Hospitals of Providence, Las Palmas Del Sol Healthcare and University Medical Center of El Paso sent a joint statement Monday morning announcing the new no visitor policy, which began immediately.
The City of El Paso Department of Public Health issued guidelines Saturday, March 14, asking local school districts to extend in-person closures to April 6. KTSM will continue to update the list of closures and starting dates as districts issue new decisions.
- UTEP – Will resume classes ONLINE for the remainder of semester March 30
- EPCC – Will resume classes ONLINE for the remainder of semester March 30
- TTUHSC – Will resume classes ONLINE March 30. No in-person instruction with few exceptions. Clinical rotations for third and fourth-year students will continue.
- Southwest University – Classes moved ONLINE, will resume in-person instruction March 30
- El Paso ISD – Closed until further notice, will resume classes online.
- Ysleta ISD – Closed until further notice, will resume classes online April 6
- Socorro ISD – Closed until further notice, classes will proceed online.
- Canutillo ISD – Closed until further notice, classes will proceed online.
- Clint ISD – Closed until further notice, classes will proceed online.
- Fabens ISD – Closed until further notice, district is preparing for online learning.
- San Elizario ISD – Closed until further notice
- Tornillo ISD – Will resume April 6.
- Catholic Diocese of El Paso – Closed until further notice, classes have proceeded online.
- IDEA Public Schools – Closed until August, classes will proceed online.
- Harmony Public Schools – Closed until further notice, classes will proceed online.
- Sunshine Christian School – Will resume April 6
- Triumph Public Schools – Closed until April 24
- UTEP Spring commencement postponed until Fall
- UTEP cancels remainder of spring football, closes athletic facilities to student-athletes
- Mighty Mujer Triathlon – Rescheduled for July 25.
- Sunland Park Racetrack – Racetrack and casino operations ordered to close for three weeks beginning March 16. Opening tentatively scheduled for April 6.
- El Paso Locomotive FC – Remaining Games Suspended for at least 30 days
- El Paso Chihuahuas – Postponed, no date set for the season opener
- All Texas UIL contests
- El Paso Rhinos – Remaining Games Canceled
- Special Olympics Texas, all sports training and competition including State Basketball; Suspended through March 31
- All events at El Paso County Coliseum; no date set for the resumption of services
- All-Conference USA spring sports – Suspended
- NBA – Suspended until further notice.
- Major League Baseball – Delayed, guidance forthcoming on new Opening Day schedule. Spring training, Canceled
- NHL season – Delayed
- Masters Tournament – Postponed
- WAC cancels remainder of spring sports competition due to COVID-19
- Workforce Solutions Borderplex JobCon -canceled
- Vietnam Veteran Recognition at El Paso VA; postponed until further notice
- Rage Against the Machine; March 26; Postponed. No date set.
- Cirque De Soliel; Remaining shows canceled, tickets will be refunded.
- 915 Beerfest; Original date March 28, Postponed, will reschedule at a later time.
- All events at El Paso County Coliseum; Beginning Sunday at midnight. No date set for the resumption of services.
- American College Dance Association Conference at UTEP; March 12-14 – Canceled
- El Paso/Juarez Medical Device Summit at EPIC Railyard; March 26 – Postponed
- Clint ISD – VEX Robotics State Competition; Canceled
- Special programming at El Paso parks, libraries, museums, and other locations
- El Paso senior Centers closed
- El Paso youth and adult sports programs
- El Paso County Detention Center – All visitation suspended until further notice
- Workforce Solutions Borderplex – Providing remote assistance. All centers closed except for a few.
- War Eagles Museum – Closed until March 21.
- Socorro Municipal Court – Courts have been suspended, no opening announced
- Socorro Youth & Senior Programming – suspended, no opening announced
- Apple Store – Will reopen March 27
- DOD – All domestic travel for personnel and families
- EPWater – In-Person Customer Service Centers closed. Services available online.
- Texas Juvenile Justice Department – All visitation suspended until further notice
- El Paso County Sheriff’s Office Detention Officer graduation ceremony.
- Orangetheory Fitness temporarily closed.
- El Paso County Clerk’s Office closing the Ysleta Annex and Northeast Annex locations.
- El Paso Municipal Courts cancel and reset hearings, closed to the public for in-person services.
- Cinemark Theaters to close starting Wednesday.
- Alamo Draft House – closed, tickets will be refunded.
- AMC Theatres – closed for 6 to 12 weeks
- Planet Fitness – closed indefinitely, offering free live-stream workouts
- Sunland Park Mall – Adjusted hours of operation. Monday – Saturday (11:00am – 7:00pm) / Sunday (12:00pm – 6:00pm)
- Berry Lash Lounge – Limiting to 10 clients at a time
- El Paso Central Appraisal District
- Bart Reed’s Comedy Club
- Hyundai of El Paso showroom and sales department (parts and services remain open)
RESTAURANTS & BARS
- Mesa Street Grill– Open for delivery and curbside pickup only
- Taco Bell – Drive-thru only
- Whataburger – Drive-thru only
- Chick-fil-A – Drive-thru only
- McDonald’s – Drive-thru only
- Chipotle – Pick-up, delivery, or to-go only
- Starbucks – Drive-thru and pick-up only
- L&J’s – Pick-up only.
- NMSU – Will resume classes ONLINE for the remainder of semester March 30
- Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine – Will move all classes ONLINE until further notice.
- as Cruces Public Schools – Closed the remainder of the school year by order of Governor.
- Gadsden ISD – Closed the remainder of the school year by order of Governor.
- Las Cruces Catholic Schools – Closed the remainder of the school year by order of Governor.
- New Mexico Baseball Invitational
- New Mexico Softball Invitational
- Centennial High School Track Meet
- Las Cruces High School Cheer Competition
- Mayfield/Las Cruces High School Tennis Invitational
- Bataan Memorial Death March at White Sands Missle Range; March 15 – Canceled
- Military & Veteran Entrepreneur Summit – Scheduled for March 18; postponed. No date announced.
- Las Cruces Convention Center; events canceled until April 9
- Las Cruces Space Festival; originally scheduled March 30-April 4, postponed. No date announced.
- Nineteenth Annual Las Cruces FFA CDE Invitational scheduled for March 14th.
- Southwest New Mexico Music Educators Association District Music Performance Assessment at Onate High School Performing Arts Center (SWNMMEA) Choral MPA: March 13 – March 14, canceled.
- Southwest New Mexico Music Educators Association (SWNMMEA) Orchestra MPA: Thursday, March 19 at Oñate High School, canceled
- Salvation Army of Las Cruces; closed until further notice
- New Mexico courts temporarily suspend new criminal jury trials
- Las Cruces Convention Center; events canceled until April 9
- New Mexico State Parks
- Las Cruces Police Department – limited office hours
- Doña Ana County Sheriff’s Office – limited office hours
- City Hall – closed to the public except for utility customers.
- Thomas Branigan Library
- Munson Center library
- Sage Cafe library
- All museums
- Rio Grande Theater
- Visit Las Cruces
- Las Cruces Regional Aquatic Center
- Senior Centers (meals provided through alternate means)
- Doña Ana County Detention Center transitions to remote visitations
- Alamogordo Municipal Court; closed until further notice
WHITE SANDS MISSILE RANGE
- Guadalupe Mountains National Park – Visitor Center and Bookstore Closed, open for visitor park use
- Carlsbad Caverns – Elevator Closed
- White Sands National Park – Visitor Center closed, open for day use
- Disneyland Parks and Resort – Will reopen April 1
- Disney World
- Universal Studios
- Apple Stores – Closed through March 27
- Nike Stores – Closed through March 27
- Sephora – Closed through April 3
- The Body Shop – Closed through March 27
- Lush – Closed through March 29
- Urban Outfitters
- Abercrombie & Fitch
- T-Mobile – waiving data caps for 60 days
- Macy’s Inc. closes all stores nationwide amid COVID-19
- AMC Theaters
- Planet Fitness