EL PASO, Texas (KTSM) – The number of COVID-19 cases and deaths shot up again Thursday morning.
El Paso reported 89 new cases and six new deaths, according to the City/County data page.
There are now 4,088 cases and 119 deaths. The number of people in the hospital also surpassed 100.
The City identified the latest victims as:
- A woman in her 30s, with no underlying health conditions
- A man in his 50s, with underlying conditions
- Two men in their 70s, with underlying conditions
- A woman in her 80s, with underlying conditions
- A man in his 80s, with underlying conditions
“Every time we report a death, it should bring about a sorrow in each of us. My worst fear is that we as a community become numb to danger of this virus,” said Dr. Hector Ocaranza, City/County Local Health Authority. “The continuing increase in cases and today’s reported deaths should remind everyone that we need to adhere to the protective measures of limiting your outings, wearing a face covering and washing your hands often with soap and water.”
El Paso COVID-19 cases by the numbers
- Total number of positive cases: 4,088
- Total deaths: 119
- Number of recoveries: 3,023
- Currently infected: 946
- In the hospital: 101
- In the ICU: 55
- On ventilators: 25