1. Hometown: El Paso
2. Alma Mater: UTEP, J.M. Hanks High School
3. Where did you work before coming to KTSM? I last worked in San Antonio at KENS Before that, I was in Victoria, Texas at KVCT. I also worked as a print reporter for The Victoria Advocate.
4. Favorite Spot in our community? I love taking my son, Nathan, to all the places I grew up around. We often go to St. Patrick Cathedral for church and down El Paso Street on the weekends.
5. Hobbies or hidden talents? I dabble in painting, mostly portraits.
6. If someone were to play you in a movie, who would you want it to be? Milla Jovovich, my favorite actress.
7. Favorite story you’ve worked on? When I was a student at UTEP, I went across the border to an orphanage in Ciudad Juarez. The religious organization (based in El Paso) that runs the home never stopped helping those children, even in the height of the violence in the early 2000’s.
8. Who is your biggest hero? My grandmother, Palmira. She is the toughest, sweetest, funniest lady ever!
9. Favorite musician: I love Brody Dalle from The Distillers, Neil Young, Hole, Bjork. The list goes on and on. 🙂