UTEP set to host UTSA on senior night
El Paso. TX — UTEP (21-5, 10-3 C-USA) will try to make it a sweep of UTSA (13-13, 4-9 C-USA) on “Senior Night” at the Don Haskins Center at 7:05 p.m. MST Wednesday. Free admission & post-game autograph session as part of the celebration for National Girls & Women In Sports Day.
- UTEP’s seniors, Kayla Thornton, Kristine Vitola & Kelli Willingham will be honored in a pre-game ceremony.
- The class of 2014 is the most successful in program history. UTEP is 88-33 over the past four years, aided by an unprecedented three straight 20+ win seasons at the school.
- With a win UTEP would match the 2006-07 squad for the third-most wins in a single season. It would also equal the program’s single campaign record for the most home triumphs.
- C-USA single-season record is 17 home wins.
- In midst (2-1 thus far) of playing four of final six regular-season games on the road.
- UTEP will square off at Rice in a nationally-televised contest (Fox Sports) at 10 a.m. MT on March 1 before playing at Florida Atlantic (3/5).
THIRD-BEST IN TEXAS SINCE 06-07
- The Miners have the third-most wins among all DI programs in the state of Texas since the start of the 2006-07 season.
- Recent national champions Baylor (240-39) & Texas A&M (210-64) lead the way while UTEP (172-73, has a firm grip on third.
- Lamar (156-93-4th), Texas (149-104-5th), TCU (148-101-6th), SMU (147-97-7th), Prairie View A&M (144-108-8th), Texas Tech (136-118-9th), and UTSA (130-112-10th) and Stephen F. Austin (130-110) wrap up the top 10.
INSIDE THE SERIES
- UTSA leads, 16-8, including 6-5 in El Paso.
- The Miners have won two straight against the Roadrunners, including a 67-56 road conquest on Jan. 25, 2014.
- UTSA & UTEP’s history dates to the early 1980’s when both squads were members of the Oil Country Athletic Conference.
- Head coach Keitha Adams is 2-2 all-time against UTSA.