UTEP Set to Host NMSU in Battle of I-10 Rematch
POSTED: Tuesday, December 4, 2012 - 11:10pm
UPDATED: Wednesday, December 5, 2012 - 12:18pm
UTEP will continue its homeswing when it squares off against New Mexico State in the second round of the "Battle of I-10" at the Don Haskins Center at 7:05 p.m. MST Wednesday.
- All UTEP students will get free pizza, courtesy of Keitha Adams while it will also be the Grand Prize giveaway game. One lucky fan will win an iPad2 & there will be several other premium prizes.
Both the Miners (6-1) and the Aggies (5-2) have enjoyed a successful season to date.
- UTEP’s lone setback came at NM State (69-68, 11/28/12) but it bounced back to topple Texas State, 88-81, at home on Dec. 1.
- The Aggies are riding a four-game win streak, most recently having overcome a 14-point halftime deficit to down Southern Utah, 70-68, on the road Dec. 1.
- The Miners were dealt their first loss of the season when they were edged at New Mexico State, 69-68, on Nov. 28.
- It marks the second of three straight & six of seven at home for UTEP (1-0 thus far in stretch) in the month.
- December has been the best month for the Miners during the Keitha Adams era. UTEP is 47-25 in the month, including a mark of 23-2 at home since the start of the 2006-07 campaign.
- The Miners are 94-57 in non-league play under Adams, including 6-1 this year.
- UTEP is aiming to extend its school-record streak of .500 or better in non-conference action to eight seasons. (prior standard four, 1994-95 through 1997-98).
- Video and audio for every home game for the Miners on the year will be available through UTEPAthletics.com (subscription-based).
- Each of the remaining road contests on the season will be broadcast on Talk Radio 1150 AM.
- To keep up with the very latest on the program, LIKE the team’s page on Facebook (UTEPWomensBasketball) and follow it on Twitter (@UTEPWBB). Additionally, connect with Coach Adams by following her on Twitter (@UTEPKeithaAdams).
INSIDE THE SERIES
- NM State leads the series, 47-32, & it claimed the first match-up this year by a score of 69-68 in Las Cruces, N.M, on Nov. 28.
- The Miners do hold an advantage of 22-17 in games played in El Paso.
- The Miners are 13-10 all time against the Aggies during Keitha Adams’ era, making her the lone coach in program history to sport a winning record in the "Battle of I 10."
- The Miners and Aggies have squared off multiple times annually since the start of UTEP’s program (1974-75 campaign).
- Five of UTEP’s nine sweeps in the series have come under Adams’ direction.