21AT10/25 - OT/Final
61AT10/25 - Final
17AT10/25 - Final
35AT10/24 - Final
9AT10/24 - Final
3AT10/24 - Final
12AT10/24 - Final
45AT10/24 - Final
7AT10/24 - Final
0AT10/24 - Final
0AT10/24 - Final
37AT10/24 - OT/Final
49AT10/24 - Final
38AT10/24 - Final
48AT10/24 - Final
24AT10/24 - Final
52AT10/24 - Final
20AT10/24 - Final
35AT10/23 - Final
35AT10/23 - Final
UTEP Opens Homestand vs Texas State Saturday
UTEP will tip off a three-contest homestand when it plays host to Texas State at 7:05 p.m. MST Saturday. It will have six of its next seven games as the Don Haskins Center.
- The Miners (5-1) were dealt their first loss of the season when they were edged at New Mexico State, 69-68, on Nov. 28.
- The Bobcats slipped to 3-2 on the year after falling at Oklahoma State (L, 55-90, 11/28/12).
- December has been the best month for the Miners during the Keitha Adams era. UTEP is 46-25 in the month, including a mark of 22-2 at home since the start of the 2006-07 campaign.
- The Miners’ last five losses, including the setback at NM State, have been by a combined 16 points.
- Only twice in its past 19 setbacks (dating to late in 2009-10 campaign) has UTEP sustained a double-digit loss.
- Thirty two of the Miners’ 50 wins in that same timeframe have been by 10+ points, including a pair this season.
- The Miners are 93-57 in non-league play under Adams, including 5-1 this year.
- UTEP is aiming to extend its school-record streak of .500 or better in non-conference action to eight seasons. (prior standard four, 1994-95 through 1997-98).
- Video and audio for every home game for the Miners on the year will be available through UTEPAthletics.com (subscription-based).
- Each of the remaining road contests on the season will be broadcast on Talk Radio 1150 AM.
- To keep up with the very latest on the program, LIKE the team’s page on Facebook (UTEPWomensBasketball) and follow it on Twitter (@UTEPWBB). Additionally, connect with Coach Adams by following her on Twitter (@UTEPKeithaAdams).
INSIDE THE SERIES
- The series is tied, 6-6, but the Miners have won the past five.
- It marks the fifth straight year that the programs are meeting.
- TSU last notched a victory against UTEP in 2001.
GOING BACK IN TIME
- UTEP sustained its first loss of the season after being edged at NM State, 69-68, Nov. 28. The Aggies never led by more than one point in the game.
- There were five lead changes in the final 1:21, with the last one being after two made free throws by NM State’s Daneshia Williamson with 12 seconds left. UTEP pushed the ball up the court but couldn’t get a shot off in time.
- Anete Steinberga (17 points) and Chrishauna Parker (15 points) led a balanced UTEP offense, while Kelli Willingham added nine and Irene Gari and Kayla Thornton each chipped in seven.
- After connecting on a combined 55.2 percent (69-125) from the free-throw line the first five games, UTEP nailed 17-of-19 (89.5).
- Thornton set a career high for rebounds (15) while Gari established one for points (seven).
GETTING TO KNOW YOU
- Texas State opened up at 2-0 but has gone 1-2 since. It is led by second-year head coach Zenarae Antoine, who is 19-14 in that timeframe.
- The Bobcats accounted for 83.5 points per game through four games before being held to 55 in the loss at Oklahoma State (11/28/12).
- Four different players contribute at least 10.0 ppg, including two at better than 14.0.
- It has used the same starting line-up for every game this year.
- The Bobcats have hit at least seven three pointers in every game this year.
- TSU is 16-2 under Antoine when scoring 70+ points & 10-0 when tallying 80+.
- It has yielded 70+ points in every game this year & has been crushed on the boards (-14.8 rebounding margin).
- Texas State University is a doctoral-granting university located in San Marcos, Texas.
- Notable alumni include the late former U.S. President Lyndon B. Johnson, actor Bill Paxton & Grammy-award winning American country singer George Strait.