49AT11/22 - Final
17AT11/22 - Final
14AT11/22 - Final
16AT11/22 - Final
69AT11/22 - Final
10AT11/21 - Final
35AT11/21 - Final
41AT11/21 - Final
28AT11/21 - Final
UTEP To Battle Tulane On "Senior Night" Thursday
POSTED: Thursday, March 7, 2013 - 4:07pm
UPDATED: Thursday, March 7, 2013 - 4:07pm
UTEP play host to Tulane in the regular-season finale for both squads at 7:05 p.m. MST Friday. Senior Anete Steinberga will be honored before the game. Tickets are $5 for adults & $3 for kids.
- “Slam Dunk School Night Participants (wrote a letter to a UTEP Miner) get in free thanks to the sponsorship by evolve credit union.
- The 2011-12 C-USA championship team will be recognized in a special post-game ceremony, in addition to a senior video.
- One lucky fan will win an iPad2 through a Grand Prize Giveaway.
- The Green Wave (22-6, 11-4 C-USA) have won 4 straight games.
- The Miners (19-9, 7-8 C-USA) have lost 3 in a row.
- The 3 setbacks were by a combined 11 points (6, 3 & 2).
- It is initial 3-game losing streak since the 2010-11 season.
- 8 of 9 losses on the year by single digits, with 4 by 4 or less.
- On precipice of 2nd straight & 4th overall 20-win season.
- 2006-07 (22-8), 2007-08 (28-4) & 2011-12 (29-4) all did so.
- 19 victories rank 4th in UTEP single season list.
- 18+ wins for the 5th time in the past 7 seasons.
- Happened once (18-12, 1992-93) in 1st 32 years of program.
- Posted a winning percentage of .500 or better at the halfway point in league play (5-3, now 7-8) for the 7th straight year.
- Achieved 3 times in 15 campaigns before streak started.
- 10th straight season with least six league victories.
- 4 such years out of 20 before Adams (no league for 7 years).
ACCOMPLISHMENTS, HONORS & MORE
- Best overall win% (66.4) of C-USA teams since joining in 2005-06.
- 162-82 overall record, including 19-9 this year, in timeframe.
- 3-0 on year vs. teams from power-league conferences.
- Most league wins & best win% of each team since 2005-06.
- 78-49 (61.4), including 7-8 on year, in C-USA only action.
- Tied for most years (4) with 10+ C-USA wins since 2005-06.
- Votes in both top-25 polls for 8 straight weeks before falling out.
- Kelli Willingham was voted to the C-USA All-Academic Team.
- Marked 2nd straight year that she was so honored.
- Four C-USA weekly award recipients.
- Kristine Vitola (11/12), Kayla Thornton (12/17) & Anete Steinberga (1/14) were the player of the week while Irene Gari (12/10) was the freshman of the week.
QUITE A RUN
- 48-13 since start of the 2011-12 season, including 19-9 on year.
- 31 wins, including 8 this year, by 10+ points.
- 22-9 in C-USA games since 2011-12, including 7-8 this season.
- 64-27 overall since the start of 2010-11 campaign.
- 24 of 27 losses have been single digits since start of 2010-11.
- One this year (at Marshall, 47-59, 2/14)
- Others were: (@UCSB,50-68, 12/11/10 & @ Houston, 61-77, 2/20/11).