0AT10/25 - 6:00pm
61AT10/25 - Final
17AT10/25 - Final
35AT10/24 - Final
9AT10/24 - Final
3AT10/24 - Final
12AT10/24 - Final
45AT10/24 - Final
7AT10/24 - Final
0AT10/24 - Final
0AT10/24 - Final
37AT10/24 - OT/Final
49AT10/24 - Final
38AT10/24 - Final
48AT10/24 - Final
24AT10/24 - Final
52AT10/24 - Final
20AT10/24 - Final
35AT10/23 - Final
35AT10/23 - Final
Miners Host Tulane in 81st Homecoming Game
6:00pm Saturday, UTEP will host Tulane at the Sun Bowl.
THE BASIC FACTS
- UTEP will be home for three of its final five regular season games, starting on Saturday against Tulane (6 p.m. MT).
- It marks the Miners’ 81st Homecoming game. UTEP is 37-42-1 all-time on Homecoming and riding a four-game winning streak.
- The Miners are 6-2 in Homecoming games under coach Mike Price.
- UTEP’s average margin of victory on Homecoming in the Price era has been 18.8 points.
- Last year the Miners beat Colorado State on Homecoming, 31-17.
- Tulane has never served as UTEP’s Homecoming opponent. The Miners have faced a C-USA team on Homecoming in seven of eight seasons since joining the league in 2005.
- UTEP has lost four consecutive games, tying its second-longest skid of the Price regime. The Miners dropped six straight contests to close out the 2007 season and had a four-game losing streak in 2009.
- UTEP seeks its first C-USA victory of the season. The Miners are 0-3 in league play for the first time since 1996, when they finished 0-8 in Western Athletic Conference action.
HOW THEY GOT HERE
- The Miners fell to 1-6 with a 33-11 setback at Tulsa on Oct. 11.
- Following a competitive opening 30 minutes, the Golden Hurricane outscored the Miners 27-8 in the second half.
- Ja’Terian Douglas rushed for 128 yards and Alex Singleton added 96 for a Tulsa team that piled up 281 yards on the ground.
- Cody Green completed 13-of-22 passes for 198 yards for the Golden Hurricane.
- The Miners threw for 376 yards but only managed 31 yards rushing on 33 carries.
- A 13-3 Tulsa lead swelled to 26-3 in a span of 1:15 late in the third quarter when Douglas rushed for an 81-yard TD, then Shawn Jackson recovered Carson Meger’s fumble deep in UTEP territory and ran for a 17-yard score.
- Meger completed 16-of-23 passes for a career-high 257 yards for the Miners.
- Jordan Leslie reeled in 10 catches for a career-high 218 yards, making him only the sixth UTEP player to compile 200 receiving yards in a game.
- Tulane secured its first win under first-year head coach Curtis Johnson by upsetting SMU 27-26 on Saturday in New Orleans.
- The Green Wave burst out to a 20-6 halftime lead, then yielded 20 straight points to the Mustangs before putting together a game-winning, 68-yard touchdown drive in the final minute and a half.
- Ryan Griffin’s 16-yard TD pass to Rob Kelley with 35 seconds left ended Tulane’s 15-game losing streak dating back to last season.
- Kelley finished with four catches for 64 yards and two TDs.
- Griffin completed 17-of-32 passes for 302 yards with three touchdowns and no interceptions.
- Darion Monroe was credited with 13 tackles for a Tulane defensive unit that teamed for five tackles for losses, three sacks and eight pass break-ups.
- Tulane won despite trailing the time of possession line 40:17 to 19:43. The Green Wave held the ball for only 2:26 in the second period but outscored SMU 10-3 in the frame.
UTEP VS. TULANE
- UTEP leads the series 4-3.
- All seven meetings have taken place as joint members of Conference USA since 2005.
- The Miners are 2-1 versus the Green Wave in the Sun Bowl with victories during the 2006 (34-20) and 2008
(24-21) seasons and a loss in 2010 (34-24).
- Tulane had won three of the previous four games played between the schools prior to UTEP thumping the Green Wave in New Orleans last season, 44-7.
THE LAST MEETING
- UTEP emphatically snapped a 12-game Conference USA road losing streak with a 44-7 rout of Tulane in New Orleans on Oct. 15, 2011.
- The Miners also posted their first victory in three trips to the Louisiana Superdome.
- After Tulane tied the game at 7 on a seven-yard TD run by Orleans Darkwa midway through the first quarter, UTEP tallied the contest’s final 37 points.
- The Miners pounded out 266 yards rushing with four players accounting for 40+ yards on the ground -- Joe Banyard (97), Leilyon Myers (51), Vernon Frazier (44) and Nathan Jeffery (43).
- Nick Lamaison completed 6-of-15 passes for 117 yards for UTEP and received a major assist from
Craig Wenrick, who reached the end zone on a 66-yard catch early in the third quarter. It was the longest reception ever by a Miner tight end.
- The defense got into the scoring act early in the second quarter when Adrian James recovered a blocked punt in the end zone.
- Tulane quarterbacks Ryan Griffin and D.J. Ponder combined to throw four interceptions.
- The Green Wave converted just 6-of-17 third down attempts.
- Tulane offensive coordinator Eric Price is the son of UTEP Coach Mike Price and brother of UTEP offensive coordinator Aaron Price. Eric Price was the offensive coordinator at UTEP from 2004-07.
- Mike Price and Eric Price will be on opposing sidelines for the second time on Saturday. In 2010, Eric was the running backs coach at Memphis when the Tigers were dealt a 16-13 loss in El Paso.