Mayfield vs Las Cruces State Championship game tailgating rules
El Paso, TX — The New Mexico State University Police Department has announced the tailgating and parking rules and regulations for the New Mexico 5A State Championship football game between Las Cruces High School and Mayfield High School at 1 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 7, at Aggie Memorial Stadium.
NMSU has planned road closures for both Arrowhead Road and Stewart Street at 7 a.m. Saturday until the conclusion of the football game. To avoid traffic congestion, alternate routes on the west side of campus such as Espina Street and Sam Steel Way are encouraged.
Tickets can be purchased through nmaa.ticketleap.com and at both high schools from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Wednesday and Thursday and 8 a.m. to noon Friday. Parking lots for tailgating open at 10 a.m. Saturday and gates to the stadium open at 11 a.m.
Alcohol consumption is not allowed. Trailers, RVs or towed vehicles will not be allowed.
Pre-staging or parking of vehicles prior to parking lots opening is not allowed. Cooking must be done on a propane grill. Open fires or fire pits are not allowed. Tailgating will conclude at kickoff and fans will be required to enter the stadium. The parking lots will close one hour following the conclusion of the game.
For questions or concerns during the game, fans can call 646-GAME (4264) or text at 386-WINS (9467). The Las Cruces team parking is available south of the Pan American Center in Lot 33 with Mayfield team parking available east of the stadium in Lot 34. A parking map is available online at <http://www.nmsupolice.com/event-info/>.
Maps and more information can be found at www.facebook.com/NMSUPolice <http://www.facebook.com/NMSUPolice> or nmsupolice.com. A complete list of tailgating rules and guidelines are provided below:
• Electric and propane/butane grills are allowed in all tailgating areas. Charcoal grills are not allowed. For safety reasons, fire extinguishers and/or a bucket of water are required when grilling in tailgating areas.
• Other than authorized tents or awnings, no other structures may be assembled, erected or set upon the tailgate parking lots. Staking of tents or awnings is not permitted in any area on campus. All tents and awnings must be secured by other means (sand bags, water jugs, anchoring to vehicles, etc.). Swimming pools, hot tubs, aerial lifts, walls, fences and other such items are not permitted unless prior approval has been obtained from Campus Activities and NMSU Athletics.
• The sale of goods and/or services, filming for commercial purposes and other commercial activities are not permitted in tailgate areas, unless prior approval has been obtained from Campus Activities and NMSU Athletics.
• Any signage or banners (other than NMSU items) in the tailgating area (including posters, logo tents, flags, wrapped vehicles, etc.) must be approved by Campus Activities and NMSU Athletics prior to game day.
• Handouts, giveaways and flyers are not permitted in tailgating areas unless prior approval has been obtained from Campus Activities and NMSU Athletics.
• Live bands, public address systems, loud radio or music systems and amplified sound of any kind are not permitted in the tailgate areas unless prior approval has been obtained from Campus Activities office and NMSU Athletics.
• Electric generators and battery-powered generators/inverters that do not emit fumes and do not make noise are permitted in the tailgating areas.
• All trash and waste must be disposed of in an appropriate manner. NMSU personnel regularly patrol the tailgate areas to collect bagged trash. Other trash must be taken to appropriate receptacles upon leaving the tailgating area. Dumping of waste tanks is prohibited.
• All persons entering the tailgating areas are subject to NMSU Board of Regents and NMSU policies and regulations, and the laws of the state of New Mexico. NMSU may revoke the tailgating privileges and reject or refuse entry to persons for violating the tailgating policies, disruptive behavior, illegal activity, disorderly conduct, public drunkenness and similar types of behavior will not be tolerated.
Follow NMSU News on Twitter: <http://twitter.com/nmsunews> Follow NMSU News on Facebook: <http://www.facebook.com/NMSUNews>