Sandbags Available to the Public
EL PASO – El Paso Water Utilities’ summer sandbag distribution schedule begins Monday. From June 13 through Sept. 16, all distribution sites will be open from 2 p.m. to 8 p.m. every day.
The locations are:
• Northeast (new location): 4801 Fred Wilson (EPWU Stormwater Operations Center)
• West: 140 Kappa (adjacent to Keystone Heritage Park)
• Central (new location): 913 S. Boone (Haskell R. Street Wastewater Treatment Plant)
• East: 2981 Wedgewood (Album Park)
• Mission Valley: 9292 Escobar (Blackie Chesher Park)
Each site has an ample supply of sandbags; however, they are available only to EPWU customers for flood-control purposes. Customers in flood-prone areas are encouraged to be proactive by obtaining sandbags before the summer rains begin. There is a 25 bag per person limit.