El Paso, TX (KTSM) — The El Paso Fire Department was dispatched to a house fire at 9113 Plymouth Dr. in the Lower Valley at approximately 1:11 a.m. Friday morning.
A neighbor called 911 to report smoke coming from the single-story home. When firefighters arrived, they were able to extinguish the fire within ten minutes.
A family of three was inside the home at the time of the fire and was able to safely evacuate the home without any injuries. The fire was contained to the garage, where investigators determined that an improperly ventilated dryer was the cause of the fire.
Despite the fire being contained to the garage, the rest of the home sustained smoke damage. The damages are estimated at $15,000.
Seven fire trucks and 19 firefighters responded to the scene. The displaced family of three will seek assistance from their family. No injuries were reported.
El Paso Fire Department has released dryer safety tips for your home, which you will find attached below.
|DryerSafetyTips.pdf ||353.9 KB|