POSTED: Thursday, October 17, 2013 - 1:48pm
UPDATED: Thursday, October 17, 2013 - 1:49pm
Get ready to GLOW, El Paso. El Paso Susan G. Komen will host a one of a kind after-dark running experience with a music-filled glowing race course at Ascarate Park on Friday.
The event, presented by Hoy Fox Volkswagen and benefiting Susan G. Komen El Paso will kick off at 7:00 p.m. with the first wave of runners followed by walkers at 7:15 p.m.
Event organizers say that Glo the Park is an after-dark running experience that is less about how fast you run, but more about enjoying the music-filled glowing course around the lake with your friends and family.
Participants of all ages, shape, speed, and size are welcome at Glo the Park. You're encouraged to come for the run, but stay for the DJ-led After-Dark Glo Party, which will continue until 10:30 pm. Participants will also enjoy the Hoy Fox Volkswagen Neon Showroom showcasing the tie-dyed Volkswagen Beetle.
Up to 75 percent of the funds raised at Glo the Park will remain in El Paso to provide breast health education, screening, and treatment services for the underserved men and women in El Paso. The remaining 25 percent goes to fund national research to discover the causes of breast cancer and, ultimately, its cures.
Participants can register online at http://komenelpaso.org/glo-the-park/ . Registration fees are $25 for participants ages 19+ and $10 for ages 6-18. Groups of 10 or more will receive a special rate of $20 per person in the 19+ age group (offline registration only). All registered participants will receive a previous year’s Race for the Cure shirt to decorate, glow items to help Glo the Park, one neon race bib, and entry into the After-Dark Glo Party. Visit www.komenelpaso.org  or call 915-533-4433 for more information on Glo the Park.