High Risk Residents Strongly Encouraged to Attend
Anthony, NM (NM DEPT OF HEALTH) — The New Mexico Department of Health’s Anthony Public Health Office will be hosting the first field clinic of the Dona Ana County flu season on Wednesday, October, 2nd from 11 am to 1 pm at the Anthony Senior Center at 865 Anthony Dr. The immunization clinic is open to the public and free of charge.
Everyone six months of age and older should get a flu vaccine each flu season, especially people in the following groups because they are at high risk of having serious flu-related complications or because they live with or care for people at high risk for developing flu-related complications:
• Children 6 months through 4 years of age
• Pregnant women (any trimester)
• People age 50 and older
• People of any age with certain chronic medical conditions like asthma, diabetes, lung or heart disease, and those who are immunocompromised
• People who live in nursing homes and other long-term care facilities
• People who live with or care for those at high risk for complications from flu
• American Indians and Alaskan Natives
• People who are morbidly obese
• Healthcare and early childhood personnel
People in these groups should also consider seeing their health care provider to be evaluated for antiviral medication if they develop flu symptoms.
The New Mexico Department of Health offers vaccinations for people without insurance or who are otherwise not able to get immunized. Those with Medicaid or other health insurance should bring their insurance cards with them to the clinic.
For more information on the no-charge flu shot clinic, call the Anthony Public Health Office at 575-882-5858.