POSTED: Friday, August 23, 2013 - 6:53am
UPDATED: Friday, August 23, 2013 - 7:22am
El Paso, TX (KTSM) — English Muffin Egg Pizzas
· 4 English muffins
· olive oil
· tomato slices
· 2 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
· grated mozzarella
· kosher salt
· Make Hard-Cooked Eggs.
1. Toast 8 English-muffin halves and place on a cookie sheet.
2. Drizzle each with olive oil, then layer on tomato slices, hard-cooked egg slices (1/2 an egg each), and a little grated mozzarella. Sprinkle with oregano and kosher salt.
3. Broil 5 minutes or until the cheese melts.
Ham and Egg Panini
· 8 large eggs
· kosher salt and black pepper
· 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
· 4 soft rolls, halved lengthwise
· 8 ounces prosciutto, thinly sliced
· 8 ounces Swiss cheese, thinly sliced
1. In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, 1Ž2 teaspoon salt, and 1Ž4 teaspoon pepper.
2. Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Pour in the eggs and scramble until cooked through.
3. Divide the eggs among the bottom halves of the rolls. Top with the prosciutto and cheese and sandwich with the tops of the rolls.
4. Melt the remaining tablespoon of butter in a grill pan or large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Place two sandwiches in the pan.
5. Cook, pressing often with a spatula or placing a pan on top to weigh down the sandwiches, until cheese has melted and bread is golden, 4 to 6 minutes.
6. Repeat with the remaining sandwiches.
Granola and Yogurt Parfait
· 1/4 cup granola
· 1/2 cup plain yogurt
· 1 tablespoon maple syrup
1. Place the granola in the bottom of a parfait glass or dish. Spoon the yogurt on top. Drizzle with syrup.
Bagel and Cream Cheese
· 2 bagels, split in half
· 1/2 cup cream cheese (about 4 ounces)
· 1 small Kirby cucumber
· 1/2 plum tomato, cut into wedges
1. Toast the bagel halves and spread each with the cream cheese.
2. Cut the Kirby into 8 rounds and several thin slices that can be used to form eyeglasses. Cut the tomato into 4 wedges and use one on each bagel half to form a smile.
Eggs with Ham, Cheese, and Chives
· 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
· 10 eggs
· 2 tablespoons milk or water
· 1 teaspoon kosher salt
· 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
· 1 1/4 cups diced cooked ham
· 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar
· 1/3 cup chopped fresh chives
1. Heat butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add ham and sauté until browned.
2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, 1 teaspoon kosher salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Pour into the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, to desired doneness, 4 to 5 minutes, adding cheddar and chives just before the eggs are set.