POSTED: Friday, April 2, 2010 - 5:47pm
UPDATED: Friday, April 2, 2010 - 5:48pm
EL PASO--- Hundreds of temporary 2010 Census jobs will be available to those who apply at the downtown Library Saturday.
The Census Bureau will be taking applications for full-time and part-time positions Saturday at the Main Library, 501 N. Oregon, starting at 1:30 p.m.
Jobs will range in pay from $9.25/hr to $13.25/hr.
"Census taker schedules typically include from 20 to 40 hours of work per week. These positions require interviewing the public, so you must be available to work when people are usually at home, such as in the evening and on weekends," reads one Census 2010 brochure.
You can qualify for a position if:
* You are a U.S. Citizen
* You are a legal permanent resident, or non-citizen with an appropriate work visa, and you possess bilingual skill for which there are no available qualified U.S. citizens
* You are at least 18 years old
* You have a valid Social Security number
* You take a written test of basic skills
* You have a valid driver's license
* You pass a background check
* You commit to four days of training. You will be paid for this training at your regular hourly rate. Training will be held either during daytime hours or during evening and weekend hours.
For more information, log on to www.2010censusjobs.gov .