POSTED: Monday, March 18, 2013 - 7:58am
UPDATED: Monday, March 18, 2013 - 10:35am
EL PASO — The El Paso Fire Department is giving people a warning after a house fire in Central El Paso.
The fire happened on South Collingsworth Street and Geiger at about 5 p.m. Sunday.
Investigators said the stove was left on while the homeowner, a 49-year-old man, left to the store.
He got home and tried to put out the fire himself with a water hose, but it was too late.
The house has serious damage.
The homeowner was taken to the hospital as a precaution.
The El Paso Fire Department warns to always be careful when cooking and never try to fight a fire. They said evacuate right away and call 911 immediately