EL PASO — A gas leaked forced several dozen people out of their homes in Northeast El Paso Monday night. It happened at the Greenbriar Apartments along Railroad Avenue. Firefighters say someone ran into the gas line, rupturing it. The apartment complex was immediately evacuated.
"It's horrible. I had to get my husband out of bed. He wakes up at four in the morning. The kids both have school tomorrow. I had to get them both out of bed and dressed and get them out of the house," said Heather Fisher, one of the residents evacuated from the complex.
All of those residents were back in their homes within a few hours.