The U.S. Under-20 Men's National Team is looking to do something no previous U.S. U-20 MNT has done in the history of the U-20 qualifying tournament - win an outright final. The USA faces Mexico in a highly-anticipated title game at the 2013 CONCACAF U-20 Championship at 7 p.m. ET on Sunday, March 3, at Estadio Cuauhtémoc in Puebla, Mexico. The match will be broadcast live on FOX Soccer and Galavision. Fans can follow the match on ussoccer.com's MatchTracker and via Twitter @ussoccer_ynt.
USA'S CONCACAF U-20 FINALS HISTORY
• The U.S. U-20 MNT advanced to its fourth finals of the CONCACAF U-20 qualifying tournament and is in search of its first crown.
• The USA fell to Mexico 2-0 on Aug. 17, 1980, in the eighth CONCACAF Youth Tournament in Washington, D.C.
• In the ninth CONCACAF Youth Tournament, the U.S. lost in overtime to Honduras 1-0 on Sept. 5, 1982, in Guatemala City. Following the tournament, Honduras was disqualified for age irregularities and the U.S. advanced to the 1983 FIFA World Youth Championship. U-20 MNT head coach Tab Ramos played on that 1983 FIFA U-20 World Cup team.
• The U.S. advanced to the final of the 22nd CONCACAF Youth Championship but lost to Costa Rica 3-0 on March 15, 2009, in Macoya, Trinidad.
• The tournament format was changed starting in 1986, when there was only group play and no championship match. The format changed again in 2009 to include a championship match.
U.S. U-20 MNT vs. MEXICO
• The U.S. U-20 MNT has faced Mexico eight times in CONCACAF Youth Tournaments and Championships, posting a 1-7-0 record. Mexico has won the past four meetings.
• The U.S. and Mexico first faced each other in the first round of the sixth CONCACAF Youth Tournament in Puerto Rico and fell 7-1 on Sept. 28, 1976. Nat Brusiloff had the lone goal for the USA.
• In the eighth CONCACAF Youth Tournament, Mexico shut out the U.S. 2-0 in the tournament final on Aug. 17, 1980, in Washington, D.C.
• Mexico kept its winning streak intact against the U.S. in the 10th CONCACAF Youth Tournament, posting a 1-0 semifinal victory on Sept. 6, 1984, in Trinidad.
• The U.S. earned its first victory against Mexico in the opening round of the 11th CONCACAF Youth Tournament with a 3-0 win on Aug. 17, 1986, in Trinidad.