UTEP will open up a two-game roadswing at Marshall at 5 p.m. MST Thursday. It will wrap it up UCF at 12 p.m. MST Sunday. Both contests will be broadcast on 1150 AM in El Paso. The Thundering Herd (7-15, 1-8), lost 2 road games last week.
- The Miners (18-4, 6-3) rallied past Southern Miss, 60-55, Feb. 10.
- Reached 18-win plateau for 5th time in past 7 years.
- Only happened once (18-12, 1992-93) in 1st 32 years of program.
- Posted a winning percentage of .500 or better at the halfway point in league play (5-3, now 6-3) for the 7th straight year.
- Achieved 3 times in 15 campaigns before streak started.
- 10th straight season with least six league victories.
- 4 such years out of 20 before Adams (no league for 7 other years).
ACCOMPLISHMENTS, HONORS & MORE
- Eight straight weeks receiving votes in the polls.
- Rated fourth in ESPN.com Midmajor poll.
- 67th in the RPI (RPIRatings.com).
- 3-0 on year vs. teams from power-league conferences.
- Best overall win% (67.6) of C-USA teams since joining in 2005-06.
- 161-77 overall record, including 18-4 this year, in timeframe.
- Most league wins & best league win% of each team since 2005-06.
- 77-44 (63.6) including 6-3 on year, in C-USA only action
- Tied for most years (4) with 10+ C-USA wins since 2005-06.
- Four C-USA weekly award recipients.
- Kristine Vitola (11/12), Kayla Thornton (12/17) & Anete Steinberga (1/14) were the player of the week while Irene Gari (12/10) was the freshman of the week.
QUITE A RUN
- 47-8 since start of the 2011-12 season, including 18-4 this year.
- 31 wins, including 8 this year, by 10+ points.
- 8 losses by combined 29 points, with 4 losses this year by 21 total.
- 21-4 in C-USA games since 2011-12, including 6-3 this season.
- 63-22 overall since the start of 2010-11 campaign.
- 20 of 22 losses in that timeframe by single digits.
- Last double-digit loss was at Houston (61-77, 2/20/11).
- Other in sequence was at UCSB (50-68, 12/11/10).
UTEP & THE STAT RANKINGS
- Top-4 ranking in 7 of 14 major stat categories (chart, pg. 1).
- Pace C-USA in 2 categories (FG% def & RB margin).
- Best overall (2,479) & league-only attendance (3,381).
- Kayla Thornton is 1 of 2 players in C-USA with top-10 ranking for both rebounding (8.3-6th) & scoring (15.0-7th).
- Anete Steinberga is 10th in scoring (14.0) & 12th in field-goal percentage (42.7) & 13th in rebounding (7.2).
- Chrishauna Parker t2nd in rebounding (8.9), 2nd in field-goal percentage (51.8), t4th in assists (4.0), 9th in assist-to-turnover ratio (1.2) & 25th in scoring (9.6 ppg).
- Kelli Willingham is 4th in assist-to-turnover ratio (1.6), three-point % (35.4), 13th in assists (3.1) & t27th in scoring (9.0).
INSIDE THE SERIES
- UTEP leads the series, 5-3, including a home win last year.
- Series tied, 2-2, in Huntington, but Marshall has claimed past 2.
- MU had won 3 in a row overall before UTEP’s victory in 2011-12.