POSTED: Thursday, December 20, 2012 - 9:01pm
UPDATED: Thursday, December 20, 2012 - 9:02pm
LAS CRUCES, N.M. — New Mexico State Board of Regents announced Thursday the 15-member committee charged with helping regents select a new president.
The committee is made up of a diverse group of university and community leaders who will come together and share their ideas on the qualities the new president should have.
"Hiring the university president is the most important priority for our board and I'm pleased that we have been able to put together such a comprehensive committee that includes individuals from as many of NMSU's constituency groups as possible," said Board of Regents President Mike Cheney.
The members are from all over the state and range from alumnus to current professors and business owners.
The group is scheduled to meet early January of next year with the goal still being to name a president by May.
• Larry Lujan, Chair, Albuquerque, president and CEO of the Manuel Lujan Agencies
• Festus Addo-Yobo, Las Cruces, director NMSU Black Programs
• Felicia Casados, Grants, president NMSU Grants
• Ramon Dominguez, El Paso, NMSU associate professor of educational management and development
• Paul Gutierrez, Santa Fe, executive director of the New Mexico Association of Counties
• Debra Hicks, Hobbs, president, CEO and principal engineer of Pettigrew and Associates PA
• Jerean Hutchinson, Las Cruces, co-owner La Posta de Mesilla
• Judy Johnson, Nambe, retired certified public accountant
• Tim Ketelaar, Las Cruces, NMSU associate professor in psychology, NMSU Faculty Senate Chair
• Michael Morehead, Las Cruces, dean NMSU College of Education
• Stan Rounds, Las Cruces, superintendent of Las Cruces Public Schools
• Scott Schafer, Carrizozo, rancher, retired banker
• Steven Stochaj, Las Cruces, NMSU professor of electrical and computer engineering
• Breeana Sylvas, Las Cruces, president Associated Students of NMSU
• Andrew Taylor, Las Cruces, Lt. Col. U.S. Army, NMSU Army ROTC commander
Christopher Dulany will serve as an ex-officio member.