POSTED: Saturday, November 17, 2012 - 11:16pm
UPDATED: Saturday, November 17, 2012 - 11:58pm
The 47-yard pass from Blaire Sullivan to Michael Edwards in the first quarter was a career long. Sullivan’s previous longest pass was 41 yards to Jordan Leslie against UCF on Nov. 10.
- The 40-yard run by Sullivan in the second quarter was the longest by a UTEP quarterback since James Thomas had a 44-yard run versus New Mexico State on Sept. 20, 2008. It was the third-longest rushing play by a UTEP signal-caller in the Mike Price era. Jordan Palmer had a 42-yard run against Texas Tech on Sept. 9, 2006.
- Sullivan rushed for 98 yards, the most by a freshman under coach Mike Price. The previous high was 74 yards on two occasions, by Sullivan last week against UCF and by Vernon Frazier on Sept. 20, 2008 versus NM State.
- Sullivan threw for 155 yards, eclipsing his previous career-best 105 yards passing at Houston on Oct. 27.
- Sullivan also had a season-high 253 yards of total offense.
- For the third straight game, Nathan Jeffery registered multiple rushing touchdowns. He is the first UTEP player to achieve the feat since Donald Buckram did so versus Tulsa, UAB and Tulane in 2009.
- The 98-yard kickoff return by Autrey Golden in the fourth quarter was a career long and is tied for the fifth-longest return in school history. He is the first player in school history with two kickoff returns of 96 yards or more in a career. He had a 96-yard return at East Carolina on Sept. 29.
- The 191 kickoff return yards by Golden are the third-most in school history and the most by a UTEP player in over 20 years. Luther Johnson had 233 yards at Kent State in 1985 and Roy Ross had 204 yards at San Diego State in 1990.
- Golden now has 809 kickoff return yards this season. That’s the fourth-highest figure in school annals.
- Golden also added a career-long 36 yard catch in this game.
- Steven Valadez tied his career-high with two field goals made. He also made two at Wisconsin on Sept. 22.
- Demarcus Kizzie was credited with a career-high six tackles tonight. Prior to this game the most stops he had posted was one on two occasions.
- As a team, UTEP had 222 kickoff return yards, the seventh-most in school history.
- The Miners yielded over 500 yards of offense for just the second time this season. They also did so at Ole Miss on Sept. 8.
- UTEP is now 1-5 this season when its opponent scores first.
- UTEP improves to 1-5 on the road this season and 2-17 in its last 19 Conference USA road games.
- The Miners won their final road game in a season for the first time since Nov. 9, 1991, when they prevailed 41-24 at Hawaii.
- UTEP snapped a six-game road losing streak to Conference USA Eastern Division teams. The last UTEP road victory over a C-USA Eastern Division squad also came at Southern Miss, 40-37 in double overtime, on Oct. 4, 2008.