Authorities are awaiting results of a toxicology report on a Florida man who died after eating dozens of cockroaches and worms as part of a contest at a reptile store. The winner would get an $850 python.
Police say the 32-year-old man won the contest, but started throwing up afterward. He later collapsed in front of the store and was taken to a hospital, where he died. The store owner says the contestants had to sign a waiver saying they are sober and don't have allergies to shellfish, which have similar allergens to cockroaches. None of the other contestants got sick.