POSTED: Friday, June 8, 2012 - 7:07am
UPDATED: Friday, June 8, 2012 - 7:16am
EL PASO — Two women suffered first and second degree burns after an apartment fire in the Lower Valley on Thursday.
It happened shortly before 7:30 p.m. Tuesday on Schutz Dr.
According to firefighters, there were four people inside the apartment. Investigators said one of the people inside was on their way to help a family member who had run out of gas. That person was carrying a gallon of gasoline when they walked into the kitchen to turn off the stove, and that is when the fire started.
A 26-year-old woman suffered second-degree burns to the top of her feet, and a 62-year-old woman suffered first degree burns to her forearm and leg.
The other two people in the apartment were not injured.
The fire has been ruled accidental.