EL PASO — Police have released surveillance photos of a man using cloned credit cards for the second time in a month.
The suspect walked into the Wal-Mart on Montana and purchased various items using a credit card that was later discovered to have been cloned. Police are requesting the assistance of the community in trying to identify the man.
The following are tips that can help prevent credit card cloning and scams:
1) Keep your card in sight.
2) Ask about multiple swipes.
3) Never use your cards on an unsecured website.
4) Don’t carry multiple cards.
5) Don’t give out credit card information over the phone.
6) Check credit card statements carefully.
7) Check your credit reports.
8) Avoid non-bank ATMs.
Anyone that discovered that they have been a victim of credit card fraud should make a police report right away and notify their credit card company. Anyone with any information on this suspect should call Crime Stoppers at 566-8477(TIPS).