POSTED: Friday, April 20, 2012 - 6:03pm
UPDATED: Friday, April 20, 2012 - 10:38pm
UTEP's Camilla Carrera will celebrate Senior Day on Sunday at home against UAB. The Miners are 13-31 overall, just 2-16 in Conference USA. Despite the piling losses, Carrera leads the NCAA in Home Runs with 27, already tied for 6th all time with 9 games to go. Carrera broke the UTEP and Conference USA record last month, and is 10 away from the record of 37 hit by Laura Espinoza of Arizona. Carrera is fourth in the nation in batting average (.458), first in slugging percentage (1.217), third in the nation in on base percentage (.595), and sixth in RBI"s per game (1.34).
Here are some of her accolades over her UTEP career:
· 2011 Conference USA Preseason Player of the Year
· Three-time All-Conference USA First Team Selection (2008, 2009, 2010)
· 2009 Conference USA Player of the Year
· Two-Time NFCA All-Midwest Region Selection (2009, 2010)
· Three-time Conference USA Player of the Week (3/10/08, 3/1/10, 3/22/10)
· Four-time Conference USA Commissioner's Honor Roll (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011)
· 2009 Conference USA All-Tournament Selection
· 2008 Conference USA All-Freshman Team Selection
UTEP will host UAB, 2:00pm Saturday at the Helen of Troy Softball Complex in the start of a double header. Sunday's Senior Day game will start at 11:00am.