POSTED: Sunday, February 5, 2012 - 7:00pm
UPDATED: Wednesday, February 8, 2012 - 8:16am
EL PASO - A family escaped a house fire in East El Paso Saturday night, and investigators say the fire was caused by an unattended candle.
Firefighters fought heavy smoke and flames shooting out of the second story of a home in the 1300 block of Rose Bud Lane.
A fire alarm woke up the family inside, and everyone got out safely.
Firefighters estimate damages at the home will cost 40-thousand dollars to repair.