POSTED: Thursday, December 22, 2011 - 5:20pm
UPDATED: Thursday, December 22, 2011 - 5:24pm
LOWER VALLEY- Some scary moments for an El Paso family on Thursday morning after the family called 911 when they discovered that they were all suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning.
On Thursday morning they were transported to Las Palmas Medical Center in serious condition, but The El Paso Fire Department says the family has been released from the hospital.
A mother and her three children all suffered symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning which include headaches, coughing, and nausea.
When fire crews arrived to their lower valley home at around 7:30 a.m., they tested high levels of carbon monoxide.
The El Paso Fire Department says that the house did not have a working carbon monoxide detector.
"We have different agencies. The gas company. We also have building services out here, and also the fire prevention division out here to do the investigation on what causes those high levels of carbon monoxide poisoning,” said El Paso Fire Department Spokesperson John Concha.
The fire department says they see more incidents of carbon monoxide poisoning when the weather gets colder.
So far, the investigation seems to conclude that the family’s heater was the source the carbon monoxide leak.