EL PASO- The City of El Paso Parks and Recreation Department will be starting the 2011-2012 edition of their After School Program on August 22, 2011.
The free program for ages 6-12 will be housed at Recreation Centers and schools in the El Paso and Ysleta Independent School Districts. The Braden Aboud Foundation has been a valued member of the program with donations for equipment and supplies.
Registration is available in person at any recreation center for the public school sites or on Active Net, the online registration management program for the Department at www.elpasotexas.gov/parks . Recreation Center sites for the After School Program are listed below.
Location Address -- Phone No.
- Armijo --700 E. 7th St. 544-5436
- Carolina --563 N. Carolina St. 594-8934
- Chihuahuita --417 Charles St. 533-6909
- Galatzan --650 Wallenberg St. 581-5182
- Gary Del Palacio --3001 Parkwood St. 629-7312
- Leona Ford Washington --3400 E. Missouri St. 562-7071
- Marty Robbins --11600 Vista Del Sol St. 855-4147
- Nolan Richardson --4435 Maxwell Ave. 755-7566
- Pat O’Rourke-- 901 N. Virginia St. 533-1611
- Pavo Real --9301 Alameda St. 858-1929
- Rae Gilmore --8501 Diana St. 751-4945
- San Juan-- 701 N. Glenwood St. 779-2799
- Seville-- 6700 Sambrano St. 778-6722
- Veterans --5301 Salem St. 821-8909
- Westside-- 7400 High Ridge St. 587-1623
Elementary public school sites for the After School Program in the Ysleta Independent School District are Ascarate, and Thomas Manor. The new Del Valle Elementary School will also have an after school program with a starting date to be determined. Sites for the El Paso Independent School District are Burleson, Coldwell, Cooley, Crosby, Dowell, Moreno, Roberts, Rusk, Stanton and Vilas.