POSTED: Friday, July 1, 2011 - 9:06pm
UPDATED: Friday, July 1, 2011 - 9:38pm
Following the 2011 NBA Draft, Ex-Miner Julyan Stone said he was invited to two team minicamps and recieved at least five guaranteed offers. However, with the NBA lockout in effect, teams cannot sign new players meaning Stone is forced to wait and contemplate his NBA future.
"At this point the best thing I can do is be patient. If everything doesn't continue to move forward in the next couple of months, then I figure I'll have to go overseas," said Stone. "But I'm just giving it time and then I'll see what have to do from there."
The all-time assists leader for C-USA said he has heard from Miami, Atlanta, New York, Phoenix, and Los Angeles. Stone and his agent say they'd like to wait as long as possible before committing to an overseas contract because of the guarantees he's received from NBA teams.