POSTED: Monday, December 29, 2008 - 7:54pm
UPDATED: Wednesday, February 17, 2010 - 3:22pm
Another fire tears through a home this afternoon and now the family is rummaging through the ashes to see what can be recovered.
The gathered what they could before the sun went down. The electricity and gas were turned off to the home as a safety precaution.
Firefighters say the blaze started in the second floor bedroom, by an unattended flame, possibly from a candle. The fire went up into the attic of the home and burned the air conditioner. The Rocha says they saw heavy smoke and huge flames.
The Rocha family made it out safely, damages to the home are estimated at $70,000.