POSTED: Friday, December 3, 2010 - 6:41pm
UPDATED: Saturday, December 4, 2010 - 12:12pm
One person is dead after a possible carbon monoxide poisoning, according to El Paso Fire Department Spokesman John Concha.
The call went out to the 2600 block of Porter Avenue in Central El Paso.
An elderly man was found unresponsive inside his home and firefighters saw the oven was being used to heat the home, according to Concha.
This was the third Carbon Monoxide call of the day.
The first call went out around 7:30 a.m. on the 10900 block of Duke Snider Circle in Northeast El Paso.
Concha said one adult and four children were taken to a local hospital for possible carbon monoxide poisoning because of a faulty furnace.
The second call went out around 9 a.m. in the 5600 block of Prince Edward Avenue, also in Northeast El Paso.
The faulty heater in the home caused a carbon monoxide leak.
The three adults found at the home refused treatment and did not go to the hospital, according to Concha.
Fire officials will wait for an autopsy to confirm the exact cause of the elderly man's death.
His name and age have not been released.