POSTED: Friday, November 19, 2010 - 7:43am
UPDATED: Friday, November 19, 2010 - 8:46am
EL PASO - A fourth family is out of a place to live after another overnight house fire.
It's at least the fourth this week.
The fire broke out at 2:30 this morning at a home in Northeast El Paso.
There were two adults and one child inside the home on the 10000 block of Orpheus.
Authorities tell us the fire started in the child's bedroom where a space heater was being used.
The smoke detector in the house did go off notifying the parents so they were able to get everyone out safely.
An investigation is underway to determine if that space heater is to blame for the fire.
The family was not able to stay in the home.
The Red Cross is helping them with a place to stay.
Authorities say an increase in fires around this time of year isn't unusual, because as the temperatures drop, more families tend to use space heaters, furnaces and fireplaces in their homes.
They say it's important to have those checked by professionals before using them.